Who we are…
The Mississippi Legislature established the Mississippi Soil & Water Conservation Commission (MSWCC) in 1938 to guide, promote and demonstrate the conservation, development, protection and proper utilization of the soil, water and related resources of the State.
Today we are a staff of 12 professionals working throughout the state to provide assistance to 82 Soil and Water Conservation Districts, or SWCD, and their constituents.
What we do...
- Water Quality Programs
- Watershed Rehabilitation Program
- Education Programs
- Education Enhancement Fund
- Revolving Loan Fund for Districts
- Personnel, Finance, and Budgeting Assistance to SWCD
- Public Relations Assistance to SWCD
- Mississippi Envirothon
- Wildflower Trails of Mississippi Program
- Natural Resources Youth Camp